Vidya and Child offers a holistic approach through intensive learning to help children to explore and identify their uniqueness within. Most of the ch Read moreildren have parents who work as domestic servants, rickshaw pullers, industrial workers, plumbers, carpenters & street vendors. It caters to children from nursery to class twelve & beyond. It has registered schools with the UP Board for 3 of the centres and under the NIOS Board for the 4th centre in Noida. It has five centres as given below: 1. Ambedkar Vihar, Sec. 37, Noida – started in 1999 and it has over 600 students now. 2. Vatika Centre, Sec. 128, Noida-Greater Noida expressway. It started in 2005 and has 200 children. It reaches out to two villages Shahpur and Sultanpur. 3. Khoda Centre, Sector 62, Noida - It started in 2007 and has over 160 children. It reaches out to children of the Khoda Village. 4. Barola Centre, Sector 49 Noida – It started in 2010 and has 300 children. 5. Siwan Centre in Village Srinagar, Bihar – started in 2007 and has 100 children.
Children from backward and marginalised communities do not have access to quality education and an enabling environment to pursue the same.
Works on multiple programmes to help children from backward communities pursue education and achieve their dreams according to their talents.
- Art & Culture
- Skill Development
- Child & Youth Development
Vidya and Child started with mentoring 2 children and has reached 1,300 students while 363 children have been mainstreamed.
Programmes for all classes
1. School programme prepares children for mainstream school and is for nursery to class 5.
2. ASSP (after-school support programme) is to provide academic, financial & mentoring support for children in classes 6 to10.
3. NIOS support programme is to support children, who are unable to continue in mainstream schools. This is to ensure that they complete their education through NIOS and do not drop out of the education process.
4. Foundation programme is to provide financial, tutoring, career-oriented education and mentoring support to students from class 11 onwards.
5. APA (arts & performing arts) is an opportunity for creative expression for classes 3 and above.
6. Life skills programme helps children to manage their strengths and weaknesses and be prepared to face challenges in the future. It is for all centres and students.
1. CPP – Children Parent Programme is to build a solid long term relationship between the child, the parent and the organisation. Individual, as well as group PTMs, are held. Parents are invited to internal events like the creative showcase and workshops on health & hygiene.
2. CAL – Computer Aided Learning lab is for all students and all programmes. It involves learning Maths and Science through multimedia videos. Students make projects and presentations with their learning through online research. Senior students practice the computer language they learn at school. Professional faculty conducts sessions in arts and performing arts.
3. Spoken English and personality development include interactive sessions like role plays, team games, extempore and group discussions. Newspaper reading and discussions are encouraged. Audio-visual methods are also used for learning.
4. A library is maintained with more than 5000 storybooks, textbooks, reference books and several encyclopaedias.
Health programmes & extra activities
Vidya and Child organises workshops, campaigns or camps to create awareness of healthy lifestyles, preventive health measures, first-aid and fire drill training. Sports activities are planned to encourage standards of health. Planned field trips & exposure visits, festivals and cultural celebrations are also held in the centres.
Registration ID6537/4, dated 09/12/1997
VO ID / Darpan IDUP/2018/0186546
DIT (E) 98-99/J.446/98/478
DIT (E) 2007-2008/J-446/2196
Vidya & Child (Project under Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust), 1654, ATS Greens Village, Plot No 1, Expressway, Sector 93 A
West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi
Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust
Type & Sub Type